All financial club members have insurance cover for accidents that occur while training or racing. It is a condition of the policy however, that any claim must be lodged within 30 days of an accident. Insurance for ACTVCC members is managed by the Australain Veteran Cycling Council (AVCC).

Insurance Information and Claim Forms

Insurance details can be found at the Australian Veterans Cycling Council web site

General information

Insurance for ACTVCC financial club members is managed by the Australian Veteran Cycling Council (AVCC). Under certain circumstances the insurance covers personal injury, injury to a third party, damage to another person’s property and professional indemnity (for example, when attending an ACTVCC race as the qualified first aid officer on duty). Information from the broker, Arthur J Gallagher (AJG), about these insurances, can be at Australian Veteran Cycling Council , select "Insurance" on the menu

Bike Insurance

Also see the link to Velosure bicycle under insurance at Australian Veteran Cycling Council for the information of members, who can choose “Premium” cover or “Basic” cover and pay the appropriate premium. Unlike the personal insurance cover, this is not insurance arranged by AVCC and paid from members’ membership fees.

Personal Insurance claims

It is a condition of the policy that any personal injury claim must be lodged within 30 days of an accident. For any other sort of claim, it is a requirement to notify AJG immediately.

Further information see the AJG page

    • Lodging a claim is set out under “Overview"

    • Claim forms can be downloaded by selecting “Downloads”


While insurance should be seen as a risk management measure of last resort, the club emphasises the importance to each of its members of assessing his/her own insurance position in connection with all cycling-related activities that they may undertake, eg. as a rider, a race official, or a first aid officer. Unless you have substantive experience and expertise in insurance matters, you should not try to do this on your own - seek specialist advice on your whole insurance position, including the scope of insurance provided to financial club members through the AVCC, which may not necessarily cover all of the risks to which the member might be exposed